It started on Easter Sunday, while we were at Amy's for our get together, Jacob became very lethargic. He told me he was sick but I didn't believe him because he's a bit of a hypochondriac. -shows what a sympathetic mother I am. And so it began... it hit Paige, it hit Courtney, when it hit Grace it picked up the addition of vomiting and diarrhea. Then it hit Joe.

Another wonderful addition to the bug was the strangest varying skin disorders I've ever had to deal with.

Friday night, it hit me, high fevers and I'm pretty sure I coughed part of my lung out - I'm sure I didn't need that part anyway.
So finally, on Tuesday, we spent 4 hours in the hospital running some tests on Jacob (because he is the worst one hit by this- poor guy lost 7 pounds, and he didn't have it to loose, and has spent a week and a half down.)
When the doctor came back in with the results, Jacob was sitting in the chair, head back, sleeping. She gave the report of what was normal and what was abnormal and "It looks like it's Viral."
He popped his head up quickly and gave her a very mature nod and a "Hmm" as if he were soaking it all in. She turned her attention to him with a smile and he said, "Well," sigh "I don't really know what vial means."

Today we're laying low, recovering. It's very quiet around here, not the norm. I'm looking forward to a noisy house, doors slamming as the kids run in and out, laughter, and I even miss the bickering. I'm so ready to return to life.
3 comments:
I hope you guy get better soon, we miss you in church.
-Brittany Titus
Sounds awful! Hope you all get well soon!
I'm so sorry...I didn't realize you all were this sick. It sounds terrible. Hope it misses us.
Oh, and if Jacob needs some extra pounds...he can always have some of mine. I've got more than enough to spare.
Post a Comment