Friday, May 13, 2011

My sick girl


Would it be a terrible thing for me to say if I told you that part of me enjoys when she is sick? She is not at all whiny, not at all miserable. Not at all like her usual temperament. ;) She is snugly and lovey. She speaks with a soft, sweet voice. She is burning up, but still smiling.
We snuck out for a but of fresh air. I thought it would perk her up. Though she seemed to enjoy the warm sun, she was still just a little punky. Do people still say "punky"? Am I showing my age?
I have big plans for tomorrow. We have winter clothes to go to the garage, we have rooms to clean, but maybe I will be spending most of my day right here on the couch, snuggling with my baby girl. And maybe we'll even get out to the swing.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Did people EVER say "punky?" I don't remember that expression. Maybe it was before my time. ;)

Hope Grace feels better.

Stacy S said...

I seem to remeber a lot of sayings that no one else has heard of. I think my grandma used to make things up.

Stacy S said...

wait, it just hit me. Before your time? very funny.

Beth said...

Never heard the word "punky" before. My little one is only snuggly when she's sick, too. I don't love her being sick, but I like the snuggling. Hope she's feeling well soon. Enjoy all the snuggles! :)

Anonymous said...

Dad says yes they still say punky which really scares me now. I thought it was a Pennsylvania thing from mom since they say weird things all the time like the berm, crick for creek,(I bet you could come up wit lots more). I heard she is doing better. I know what you mean about her snuggling, but it is those sad sick eyes that just breaks your heart. love aunt kathy