What a great vacation we had! -as always. We went on our usual Parker Dam trip, the same trip I've taken every year of my life. We've searched for a different campground, somewhere a bit closer. But no place compares to this. Now... how do I begin to share my 585 photos? There are so many memories, so many great shots, how do I narrow it down? So what I will do is break it down day by day. I promise to try to keep it short.
Our first day is always relatively uneventful. After a 5 hour drive and unpacking and grocery shopping, it doesn't leave much time for anything big. This year, Amy and her family joined us, making a grand total of 27 campers. So grocery shopping, even with all our planning, took quite some time. When we got back, we had a quick dinner of hot dogs, and relaxed around the campfire.
The kids jumped on their bikes right away. They didn't seem to mind travelling down the road in the pitch dark. When I was younger, I was terrified of this stretch of the road. Never, ever did I venture past the cabins after the sun went down. I guess there's safety in numbers. A few of the girls came back squealing and squawking about a "HUGE" snake in the road. Yeah, yeah. silly girls. By the time I got there, the snake was gone. So I had to take their word on it. But on the way back, a car was stopped in the road, and a man was yelling at the kids to stay back. Apparently, he had run it over, but it was still alive and striking. We waited in the dark until we were sure it was dead, then carefully sneaked past. Imagine trying to get this crew past a dead rattler in the dark.
As for the "silly girls", Boy, was I wrong! They weren't kidding, it really was huge!



No comments:
Post a Comment