Friday, March 6, 2009

Gym Day

The kids have been begging me to take them to the gym. I don't know why today because it is so warm but it's also very muddy and you can't run as fast with your boots on, I guess.
So they got their work done early and ate lunch in record time and we headed up to the community center.
I don't know why we don't go more often.





Gracie got a little warm.





-Baby update-

This was a busy week for us. After having my 3 hour glucose (Ugh!) done the week before, they called to let me know it came back positive for diabetes (surprise anyone?) and they "took the liberty of setting up a few appointments" for me.
Tuesday I headed up to Highland to have an ultrasound at 10, meet with the high risk OB at 11, the diabetic educator at 12, Nst at 2. and the diabetic nurse at 3. Oh, is that all?
Well, I have to say, they do take care of their patients. I learned a lot that day and I got myself a fancy new diet. Now, following that diet will be a whole different adventure.
The ultrasound was the most exciting part of the day. The woman giving it laughed when she said "Wanna know how big this baby is?"
7 pounds, 8 oz !! with four weeks to go.

Well, it's not 4 weeks anymore, they bumped it up to the week before and scheduled a C, as much as I wanted to avoid it. But it is pretty neat to know the exact date and time.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

It's not like your busy or anything.
Sorry about the new d*%! plan. (It's a four letter word in my opinion.) The good news is that it's only for 3 weeks, right?
Cute pics.

♥ Amy said...

Great pictures! I laughed right out loud when I saw that one of Gracie when she was too warm. So typical of that age. Looks like you had fun playing with these, too. Must be nice to have all that extra time on your hands. J/K. I know you all about sacrificing sleep to feed your spirit.

Julia said...

Oh, I've missed you! I feel like it's been forever since I've seen you. I heard that you got the bug over there. We do to. We should get together and share in our misery! :)