Monday, January 26, 2009

Part of the boys day includes reading lessons. This used to be a long, draining process. They would stumble over every word and it seemed to take forever to get through a couple of sentences. We would sit together, upright and I had to remind them constantly to sit still and concentrate.
Now they are on lesson 83 and I can finally step back a bit and let them go. I can lean up agaist the other side of the couch and just listen to the story.
(The stories still are not very exciting)
These pictures look so much like the ones I took just a few weeks ago. They are so cute and peaceful (and maybe it's also because I'm so proud of them) that I can't help but run for the camera.







Jacob showing his daddy his math work...

5 comments:

Michelle said...

They can read. I didn't think home teached kids could read until the 11th grade. Good for them! Love the pictures!

♥elisabeth joy♥ said...

Excuse me? My momma teached me all she knowed and I can read!

MeMa said...

Excuse me, Liz, but your mother knows alot more than that!!!!

♥ Amy said...

Hey, I came to leave a comment and I see this! Thanks for the back-up, Grama!

Stacy, I've come back to look at these pictures again and again. I just love them. The b&w is perfect and the one of the three of them together is just great!

♥elisabeth joy♥ said...

Man! Aren't Gramas supossed to be nice to there beautiful granddaughters? lol