Friday, March 12, 2010

What a week, oh, what a week.

These last few weeks while my father in law was in the hospital, we have had a few more visitors. A two year old can only handle just so many days in a hospital room, so Livy came over to play a couple of times. Grace loved having her over.

And on Wednesday, Amy dropped off seven of the kids to play while she picked up the meat trays for the funeral.

-Lunch for fourteen-

I asked Courtney to keep the "middle" kids busy with an art lesson. She did a great job. She will be a wonderful teacher someday. She got more than just the middle kids, though. Soon, Gracie and Beka and Matthew came running to the table. Well, they're big kids, too.
(I love to watch Grace get involved with every activity that her older siblings are into. She has no idea that she is two.)


Thursday was my father in law's funeral. It was a beautiful tribute. So, so very many people were there to show their respect. Faces that I haven't seen in years, faces I have never seen before. It was wonderful to meet and meet again. Robin (Tony's sister) delivered a touching eulogy. Bro. Cialini sang "Finally Home" (didn't think I was going to make it through that one) and Amy and Elisabeth played "Amazing Grace."
I regretted not throwing my camera into the car when I saw all the family together. Tony's grandma met a few of her great-grandchildren for the first time. But my sils were on the ball and captured many memories, so you will have to check in with their blogs.
Thank you for your prayers for the family.

No comments: