Saturday, May 9, 2009

Happy Mother's Day



Yes, I realize how blessed we are. I know there are many people who don't have their mothers near and plenty of grandmas that have "raised their kids already" and don't have much to do with their grandchildren. That's not us.



Though their kids are grown, I guess a mother's job is never done. I cannot count the times we have run out of something and it is magically replaced, someone just happens to bring over a box of wipes because she knew we were out, or the loads of laundry that were washed when we were sick or had come home with a new baby or for no other reason than to be helpful.The many, many days they have spent watching the kids have not only been a huge help to us but the kids love their "Grandma's day and Mema's day."

We are blessed to have loving mothers that find time to snuggle with each grandchild.



And to be silly with them, too.



Happy Mother's day!

5 comments:

Jennie said...

I So looooove seeing pictures of my wonderful Aunt Dee. Your blog makes me ache to see her. Please give her a hug from her adoring niece in Maine....Love, Jennie

Michelle said...

Ahhhh...I actually got a little teary eyed reading this. Pictures are beautiful, as always.

♥ Amy said...

Beautiful! I'm so thankful that my children get to share one of those wonderful grandmothers! They are truly treasures.

Anne M Adams said...

Great post! I agree that we are very blessed

j said...

i found your blog through amys. I have had fun looking through it. You have a wonderful family. What a blessing to have good grandparents around. I will have to keep checking in.
Jessica