You would think that by your sixth child it would all be old hat. You would think that all the "firsts" would be no big deal. After all, you've been there before. You've already seen five first smiles, five first rollovers. Maybe it's because I'm older, and can appreciate. I have learned to cherish because I have seen how quickly it all goes by. But by the time you see your sixth child pull himself up to stand, or wave bye bye (even though he's really too young and he is just flailing his arms around out of excitement - doesn't matter, I'll take it) or when he coos "mmmma mmmma mma" the whole room cheers. And they have all seen babies do it before, too.
Joshua at seven months :
Cut top two teeth,
started crawling,
pulled himself up to standing,
had his first oreo cookie,
said "mama" "dada" (kind of. all right, he wasn't talking about us but in all that blabber, those words did come out.)
It's been a busy month. He has a few more days left. Think we can add sleeping through the night to that list?
5 comments:
You said it so well and yes, it is so true. It never gets old and I do believe it just gets better because you can now anticipate it, enjoy it, and remember it - all in one!
Cute, cute boy and I like the picture of his mama too!
Sleeping through the night? Babies do that? I think my first ones forgot to tell my last few that they were supposed to do that.
Your little guy is just a smidge older than our youth pastor's baby, our little Tuesday visitor...She's pretty much been doing what your Joshua's been doing. I am enjoying her so much, we've seen her first little rolls and crawls, she's had a day or too of teething pains while at our house, all the while she seems to be growing so-so quickly. I wish that I would have been as calm with my own babes as I am with her, just allowing her the privilidge of being a baby! The children love her so much too, when she is here, she's just their "baby sister" - they teach her things, like clapping and bye-bye too - although they haven't shared an oreo with her yet!
You can never post too many pictures for me!! He is sooo cute!But then I have the most beautiful children ever!!!!!
I have enjoyed my little ones so much - probably more than the older ones. Not because the older ones were not sweet! I so wish I could go back and cuddle those little ones again! I think the difference is in me - I am more relaxed, not so competative, not so worried, and realizing the fraility of each passing moment.
I love that picture!! he is so cute
Post a Comment