Monday, December 21, 2009

Courtney's Birthday

Finally! After a few weeks of illnesses and weekends with already too many plans, we finally had her party. Nina and Aliyah were able to come over early and they spent some time sledding and playing in the snow. It was much too cold for me, but they didn't seem to mind it much, they never wanted to come in.





I made the best cake ever!



Nina cuddling with Lily



"Hey! That's my seat!"





After a long, fun night, Tony and Courtney drove Nina home. The little kids were tucked in and Paige and I enjoyed a few quiet moments. We put on a show (can't even remember what it was) and took out some craft projects. It's not often enough that I get to spend good one on one time with my kids. Or, I thought it was one on one time. It turned out we weren't alone.


I will have to remember... when you take a picture of your children being naughty, they know you think they're funny. Then it's just a little bit harder to get them to take you seriously. Was it worth it?
Oh, yeah.

2 comments:

♥ Amy said...

Oh, how sweet that picture of Gracie is. I took one of Beka the other night right after she cut her hair and applied Elisabeth's make-up. And then I punished her. I don't think it has the same effect either.

Thanks so much for delivering Nina. It was a wonderful time for her. Love the picture of her and Lily.

♥elisabeth joy♥ said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the cake. Good choice Courtney! I think I'm going to order one for my birthday. ;)